Writing is not something one decides to do one day. It is a state of mind for which a delicate balance is necessary.
I write academic and non-academic texts, from the purely philosophical and applied ethics to articles on human interest.
I can’t really remember a time I did not write. Stories, poems, satire in school papers, essays, theatre pieces, monologues, papers, editorials, columns, reviews. Some can be read here, but if you are interested in a sample of my writing (in English and/or Dutch), academic essays, columns, translation work (to English and/or Dutch, from English/Dutch/German/French), please do not hesitate to contact me at nicole.nobyeni@ gmail.com
At the moment I’m involved in the following projects:
- Book on the impossibility of answering the question of peace (in cooperation with the Baha’i Chair for World Peace, University of Maryland) – manuscript phase, searching for publisher
- Paper on Non-Epistemic Representation in Multi-Stakeholder Dialogues and the Legitimacy of Civil Participation in the United Nations (in cooperation with Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen) – editing phase
- Manuscript “Diagnosis of the contemporary philosopher” (English) / “Diagnose van de moderne filosoof” (Dutch) – runner up for the Van Helsdingenprijs 2016, manuscript phase, searching for English publisher
- Manuscript ‘The Necessity of the Impossible’ – manuscript phase, welcoming publisher
There are many more projects lined up, waiting for funding. Please contact me if you are interested in providing the space and time to follow up on these, or if you are interested in working together with me on some projects.
Published work (selection)
- Responsibility for radical change in addressing climate change (With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands) Published in ‘Carbon Management’ journal, 2014. (SSCI and SCIE. 2015 Impact Factor: 2.092)
- Articles, columns and bookreviews (in Dutch) on Zinweb.nl.
- Reviews of cultural events (mostly theatre, dance and classical music, in Dutch) on Ugenda.nl.