Writing is not something one decides to do one day. It is a state of mind for which a delicate balance is necessary.
As a philosopher, words are my means to life.
I write academic and non-academic texts, from the purely philosophical and applied ethics to articles on human interest. As well as (science) fiction short stories.
I can’t really remember a time I did not write. Stories, poems, satire in school papers, essays, theatre pieces, monologues, papers, editorials, columns, reviews. Some can be read here, but if you are interested in a sample of my writing (in English and/or Dutch), academic essays, columns, translation work (to English and/or Dutch, from English/Dutch/German/French), please do not hesitate to contact me at nicole.nobyeni@ gmail.com
At the moment I’m involved in the following projects:
- In April 2018, my first book (Dutch) will be published by Uitgeverij Damon (Dutch Publishing House based in Eindhoven and focusing on philosophy & theology) called ‘Diagnose van de moderne filosoof – Waarom filosofen gek zijn‘. It’s a diagnosis of the modern philosopher. An earlier manuscript was runner-up for the Dutch Van Helsdingen prize 2016. Looking for publisher of the English version of this book: Diagnosis of the contemporary philosopher.
- In autumn 2018, my second book will be published (in English), called ‘The Necessity of the Impossible‘. Details to follow.
- Finalizing manuscript ‘Panopticon of the Present’ on the impossibility of answering the question of peace (in cooperation with the Baha’i Chair for World Peace, University of Maryland) – manuscript phase, searching for publisher
- Furthermore several papers are on its way on for instance Non-Epistemic Representation in Multi-Stakeholder Dialogues and the Legitimacy of Civil Participation in the United Nations, and the Theory of Embodiment – editing phase
There are many more projects lined up, waiting for funding. Please contact me if you are interested in providing the space and time to follow up on these, or if you are interested in working together with me on some or other projects.
Published work (selection)
- Responsibility for radical change in addressing climate change (With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands) Published in ‘Carbon Management’ journal, 2014. (SSCI and SCIE. 2015 Impact Factor: 2.092)
- Articles, columns and bookreviews (in Dutch) on Zinweb.nl.
- Reviews of cultural events (mostly theatre, dance and classical music, in Dutch) on Ugenda.nl.