As a philosopher, words are my means to life. I’m always involved in writing projects. Small and large. I write academic and non-academic texts. I also enjoy writing fiction, mainly short stories.
I can’t really remember a time I did not write. Stories, poems, satire in school papers, essays, theater pieces, monologues, papers, editorials, plays, columns, reviews. Some can be read here, but if you are interested in a sample of my writing (in English and/or Dutch), academic essays, columns, translation work, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] gmail.com. Also interested in new possibilities in collaboration for future writing projects.
[last updated 17 April, 2023]
On-going writing projects:
- ‘Object-Oriented Philosophy and Gene Drive Technology’ project, collaboration with Anna Cornelia Nieuwenweg (Wageningen University)
- Philosophical Compassion [manuscript, work-in-progress, Dutch]
- Fiction short stories [Dutch & English]
- Why Philosophers are Mad: Diagnosis of the Contemporary Philosopher [translation into English, proofreading phase]
- Cybioses Archive – writing project
- Papers, including collaborative writing projects.
Finished / SUBMITTED writing projects:
Primarily non-fiction, in English unless otherwise mentioned. For published fiction see here. Includes larger fiction submissions and awards.
- Geschiedenis bestaat uit slechte voorbeelden. Essay, Dutch. Published in essay collection ‘Onderhuidse Verhalen‘, ISVW Uitgevers, 2023.
- Presentation Object Oriented Ontology and Gene Drive Technology, with Anna Cornelia Nieuwenweg, at Symposium organised by Nordic Summer University Study Circle Cybioses, Brussels, March 2023.
- Intuïtie – maar hoe zit dat dan?!! Essay, Dutch. Stroom in Beeld, november 2022.
- Exploring the Craft of Exilic Thinking/Becoming. Academic paper, Open Philosophy, vol. 4, no. 1, 2021, pp. 124-35. (Open Access)
- Gemengde Gevoelens. Short story submission, Dutch. Published in (free) ebook.
- Nooit meer stil. Essay submission Jan Hanlo Essay Prijsvraag, Dutch.
- Horkos. Short story submission, English.
- Cycles of meaning-making crystallization in the WeValue InSitu process as clear contributions towards transformative learning. Academic paper, co-author. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 304, 1 July 2021, 127024. Impact Factor: 7.246.
- Contribution, published in: Born in Lockdown – 277 New Mothers, one shared story. Published by Mothership Writers.
- ACT met/in Beeld. Essay, Dutch. Stroom in Beeld, november 2021.
- Home and Exile – Feminist Philosophy in Thought, History and Action: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach, Editorial with Laura Hellsten as co-editor, Open Philosophy, vol. 4, no.1, 2021, pp. 372-373. https://doi.org/10.1515/opphil-2020-0194 (Open Access)
- Feminism and hospitality: Religious and critical perspectives in dialogue with a secular age – Editorial, special journal edition on Solidarity and Hospitality, peer-reviewed journal Approaching Religion, with Laura Hellsten as co-editor. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30664/ar.98374 (open access)
- Philosophical Compassion and Active Hesitation: a Non-Critical Approach to Understanding. Article submitted for inclusion in anthology.
- In Praise of In Praise of Risk. Book review. In: Approaching Religion. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30664/ar.97474 (open access)
- Een betere wereld begint met vrijheid. Submission Robbert Dijkgraaf essayprijsvraag. Dutch.
- Seven. Short story submission.
- Geschiedenis bestaat uit slechte voorbeelden, essay, submission ISVW Diversity essay contest, Dutch. Top-5 contestant – to be published in anthology by ISVW.
- Are those really transformative learning outcomes? Validating the relevance of a reliable process. Academic paper, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 285, 20 February 2020, 125343. Co-author. Impact Factor: 7.246.
- Project proposal Icons, Brabant.
- Several project proposals for job applications in academia.
- De Uil van Minerva. Short story submission for contest, Dutch.
- The Necessity of the Impossible. Book, published with Exilic Press.
- The Imaginary Castle. Short story submission.
- Protocol Een. Short story submission for contest, Dutch. Longlisted.
- The leven dat niet meer is. Essay, submission Joost Zwagerman prize, Dutch
- The Brightest Green. Essay, submission Jericho Prize.
- An approach for reliable transformative learning: a reconceptualization of the WeValue InSitu process. Academic paper, submission. [co-author]
- Dancing International Feminism. Short story submission. Presentation at Nordic Summer University Summer Session Circle 3: Feminist Philosophy, Roosta, Estonia.
- Het Eiland. Short story submission, Dutch.
- Het leven dat niet meer is. Anil Ramdas Prize submission, Dutch.
- The Liminal Event of Reading. Paper presentation at Nordic Summer University Winter Symposium Circle 2: Cybioses, Nida, Lithuania.
- The Liminal Event of Reading. Paper presentation at Nordic Summer University Winter Symposium Circle 3: Feminist Philosophy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Het Eiland. Short story synopsis, Dutch. Submission Badboek. Top-5 contestant.
- Kapot. Short story, Dutch. Submission schrijfwedstrijd De Blokkade.
- Diagnose van de moderne filosoof – Waarom filosofen gek zijn. Published by Uitgeverij Damon. Longlisted for Hypatia Prize 2020, prize for philosophy books written by women in Dutch.
- Diagnosis of the Modern Philosopher. English translation of the Dutch book.
- Transformation of Thought: A method of philosophical embodiment. Paper and presentation at Feminist Philosophy Conference, Nordic Summer University, Fårö, Sweden.
- Wir relativieren uns zu Tode. Book proposal, German. With Gabriel Yoran.
- Ethiek van het stoplicht. Book manuscript, Dutch.
- Wie denk je wel dat je bent? Final thesis for post-HBO education to become ACT/art therapist, Dutch. Cum Laude.
- De werkelijkheid ben je zelf. Essay, Dutch. Jonge Kunstkritiek Prize submission.
- Jouw hel is mijn hemel en vice versa. Essay, Dutch. Volzin Prize submission.
- Denkend aan Eindhoven. Story, Dutch. Eindhovens Schrijftalent Prize submission.
- De waardeloosheid van meningen. Essay, Dutch. Banning Prize submission.
- What is Truth Anyway? Project proposal Theodora Niemeijer Prize submission
- Zij – nee ik. Poem in response to painting by Isaac Israels, Dutch. Won contest organised by museum Kröller-Müller .
- Evaluating Human Development and the Problem of Universal Lists of Human Values. Paper. With Marie Harder.
- On Achieving the Impossible. Essay and book outline. NineDots Prize submission.
- Learning as Embodiment – a Feminist Approach to Truth. Paper and paper presentation, Feminist Philosophy conference Nordic Summer University, Saulkrasti, Latvia.
- Achter de dijken stroomt het water. Essay, Dutch. Anil Ramdas Prize submission.
- Tractatus Homo-Agement. Book manuscript. Bracken Bower Prize submission.
- Regarding Depowerment Manifesto. Chapter in book by Stephanie Hanna zu Thun und Lassen.
- Philosophical Method of Embodiment – A Matrixial method of Learning. Paper.
- Happiness by Lenoir. Essay.
- Between Faith and Belief – Toward a Contemporary Phenomenology of Religious Life. Book review.
- The modern shift from ontological to epistemological religious understanding and its influence on the deliberative process. Paper. Sanders Prize for Philosophy of Religion, submission.
- Panopticon of the Present. Book manuscript. On the impossibility and the necessity of answering the question of peace (in cooperation with the Baha’i Chair for World Peace, University of Maryland)
- The Woman is Besides the Point. Paper.
- Diagnose van de Moderne Filosoof. Book manuscript, Dutch. Van Helsdingen Prize submission. Runner-up.
- Kunst met een Hoofdletter. Essay, Dutch. Marie Kleine-Gartman Prize submission.
- Het Oog van de Ander, Project proposal, Dutch. Theodora Niemeijer Prize submission.
- The Necessity of the Impossible, PhD-thesis in Contemporary Philosophy, Art and Critical Thinking, defended summer 2015 at European Graduate School.
- The University is about Changing Perspective. Essay. Vox Prize submission.
- Denkend aan grenzen. Essay, Dutch. Volzin Prize submission.
- Short story, published under pseudonym, De Grote Lowlands Schrijfwedstrijd, top-20, published in collection, by Nijgh & Van Ditmar.
- Two to three articles per week on philosophy, religion and current affairs, Dutch. Published on website Zinweb.nl. (January 2015 – January 2016)
- Responsibility for radical change in addressing climate change. With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands. Published in ‘Carbon Management’ journal, 2014.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Ultimate Philosopher. Essay.
- Responsibility for Radical Change in Emission of Greenhouse Gasses. Paper. With Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Nigel Jollands. Presented at the Radical Emission Reduction Conference 2013, Royal Society London.
- Antigone. Play in two languages simultaneously (experiment), Dutch and English.
- The Problem of Epistemic Representation for the Legitimacy of Deliberative Democracy. Master thesis. Social Innovation Category of the Future Ideas European Innovation Master Thesis 2013 submission, runner-up.
- Vergane Tijd. Play, Dutch.
- Multi-Stakeholder Participation in the United Nations: Challenges for Representation and Legitimacy. Paper with Sylvia Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen and Minu Hemmati. Presented at the 19th Annual Conference on Multi-Organisational Partnerships, Alliances and Networks 2012, Wageningen University.
- Het probleem van epistemische representatie voor de legitimiteit van deliberatieve democratie. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- Dwarse Tijden. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- Splijtstof Spreekt. Essay, Dutch. With Nathan Tax. Published in Splijtstof, jr.40-01, p.69-71.
- Een vermakelijk spelletje: What would Heidegger do? Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 40-01, p.89-91.
- De zondeval als ethisch verhaal. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 39-3, p. 23-35.
- Genesis volgens Kant. Essay, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof, jr. 39-2, p.83-84.
- Een Multiculturele Hemel. Play in one act, Dutch. Published in Splijtstof.
- To Be Thomas. Play in four acts. Performed at Acuto, Italy, February 2006.
- Complexe Zaken. Book manuscript, Dutch. With Martine Hoogsteen. High school final project. Won 1st prize as the best ‘profielwerkstuk’.
- Achter het raam. Poem, Dutch. Won poetry contest, published in Hadjegedicht!? 2000.
Other Collections of Published Work
- Fiction (published on personal blogs such as Medium, short stories mainly)
- Articles, columns and book reviews (in Dutch) on Zinweb.nl.
- Reviews of cultural events, mostly theater, dance and classical music, in Dutch. On Nijmegen website for cultural events, Ugenda.nl.